Monday, October 6, 2008

Is it ok that my WHOLE life fits inside a UHaul?

I thought about this today between packing and cleaning...

Amongst all the boxes I remembered I needed to call the UHaul people to rent a truck. I then realized I would be packing my lil life up into a UHaul. One UHaul. All the things I wear, or eat, or play, or read, or watch....in one UHaul.

I think it would take most a very large moving truck: The Father & Son type, or maybe Two Men & a Moving Truck. Those are moving companies in case you didn't know.

And then I thought:

One day I may have a very large moving truck. Filled with my [amazing] husbands uniforms, furniture, Barbie Jeeps, BMX Bikes, swing sets, puppy toys...

But right now, yes, my lil ole AMAZING life fits into one UHaul. And in the front seat will sit Hubbly and Hutch and as I follow behind in my car I will smile and know that everything inside that moving truck is everything I hold dear, everything I could ever dream at this point in my life, and I am truly lucky!

4 comments:

Glass Family said...

Enjoy the little o'uhaul right now because with each pcs we always find ourselves saying "how could we possibly have this much crap?". Friends of ours on their last move couldn't even fit all their stuff in the moving truck and ended up just having to leave it. But until then enjoy. Oh, and I just have to say that your pic on CC's is beautiful.

Crystal said...

I thought this exact same thing when we moved last year. It's kind of crazy. If only I could pack up replicas of my family and friends to shove in there. ha!

Mary H. said...

I can remember when all of our belongings fit in the back of our 4runner, not so much anymore! (Yogamama)

AshleyCD said...

Glass Family- Thank you:)

Queenofthefinearts- Haha. I wish I could pack a few peoples too!

Yogamama- It's so funny how over time you can accumulate so many important things...and so much junk!!! LOL!