Thursday, November 6, 2008

I need something.

Growing up my parents were always very involved in church. Meaning, I...got to be...very involved in church. Then, it was such a chore. It was something to take up valuable time in my valuable day. Being Catholic I went through the sacraments at all the right times...I did everything I was supposed to. But, I didn't do it for me. I didn't enjoy it one bit.

Now at 23, starting a life with my husband, I find myself wanting to bring religion more into my life and make God more a part of my marriage. It's weird because I always thought when I got out of the house I'd never go again. NOT because I don't believe...because I DO! But because I do think that I can pray on my own time in my own way and still deserve to go to Heaven. I guess I felt like there was something 'more important' and my time was 'more important', but that can't be farther from the truth.

I don't think the world is a horrible place. I don't think most people are horrible. But it seems that a lot of the people I have surrounded myself with have lost sight of their morals and values and I don't want that to happen to me. I don't want to lose the morals and values my parents strived so hard to instill in me. I think being a part of a church can help remind me more often and give me more strength to hold on to my morals and values.

A thread on a site I'm a part of started talking about Christian songs and church hymns and I can here them...it makes me miss going to church. It makes me miss being a part of something bigger than me, you, and everyone and everything.

So...I started looking up Catholic Churches in my area and I can't wait for Nick and I to go and see if we can fit into their family.

No comments: