Saturday, August 16, 2008

If only you'd be happy being the best version of YOURSELF.

I always hated the idea of copying.

My mom would try and tell me when my sister or friends would buy the same shirt I had or do something I did that I should be flattered because that's their way of saying, "Hey. I like what you've got [or] I like what you've done so much that I want to do it [or] have it too!"

To an extent that's the truth and that's cool, but when is it a little too much?

It's just so funny when it comes down to someone doing it not necessarily because they like it, but because they can't be a step behind or because they have to be equal or better.

I live my life for me everyday. Of course, being married you have to make sacrifices and compromises, but I don't compare my life or make standards for myself based on others lives. I am happy for my friends in their successes and I ache for them in their pain, but what they have or don't have doesn't pave a path for my life.

I don't know if this is even making sense. If some of you know the situation, lol, I'm sure you get my drift. I guess I just wish people would live their lives for themselves and do things for them and not to 'Keep up with the Jones'.

More than anything I suppose it's sad...a little pathetic even, when people do things to make it look picture perfect on the outside. Hey you. You're compensating for something you don't have. So whatever, keep buying your 'hapiness'. Paint the perfect picture. But just know in the end. It doesn't make it R.E.A.L. So just STOP! Be you. Live your life. Stop. It's annoying.

2 comments:

jessicaap1108 said...

I love it. Especially the last paragraph. :) Hahahaha. I love you. Sorry people are so obnoxious/pathetic. :)

AshleyCD said...

I <3 you:)