Monday, August 4, 2008

Ode to football

Cookouts or tailgates, beer, at the game or at the bar, in the jersey, sporting the colors. College or pros, how happy I am that football season is BACK!
.
Last night I enjoyed a pre-season game, Colts and Redskins, neither my favorite team, but satisfying my hunger none the less:)
.
Shocked? A girl who enjoys football? Oh but I do. It can be considered sexist assuming women would prefer cheer leading for the games rather than watching them, but there is something about watching my teams!
.
I have referred to 'my team(s)' twice so I'm sure at this point you are wondering which they may be...
.
When it comes to college I am a Gator girl all the way:) In fact, my sister in law and I have made it a yearly tradition to dress up in orange and blue and go walk the streets of The Landing during FL/GA weekend.
.

.
As far as pros you will find me rooting hard for the Jaguars!
.
.
However, I do love my Cowboys too:)
.
I'm fortunate enough that even though my husband and I no longer reside in Florida, sad face, we will being going home to at least two Jag games. We have tickets to the first game of the season vs. the Buffalo Bills and another game in December vs. the Colts!
.
Maybe when my parents move to Texas we'll get to go to a few Cowboy games. When we lived in Plano when I was younger I can remember taking limos to the Cowboy games and getting to sit in the sky boxes, thanks to my Dads job. It was really exciting then, but there is nothing like being in the stands with all the other crazed fans.
.
So...here's to football season:)

2 comments:

Flo said...

I am so glad to see a girl who genuinely loves sports! I've probably mentioned it before, but I'm the sports producer of our newspaper chain and I absolutely flippin hate all sports so I'm trying to make myself warm up to it all :)

Funny story about Florida football...I was going to order custom M&Ms for Brian's homecoming BBQ and I thought "Hmm Coast Guard colors are blue and orange" so I chose those. Just as I was about to order, I noticed that they wouldn't arrive in time.

It's a good thing I didn't because he's a die hard 'Noles fan!! haha!

AshleyCD said...

I do remember you saying you handled sports for your paper! That's really cool! I'll be honest: I love football, but not really sports in general. And that is HILARIOUS about the colors of those M&Ms. I don't think he would have appreciated that, hahaha!