Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where are you Christmas?

Yesterday Nick and I spent all evening thinking of our favorite Christmas songs and then singing them. We seriously cannot wait for Christmas.

Eggnog, Carols, Christmas trees, ornaments, lights, family, Jesus, wreaths, mistletoe, presents...

This year is going to be quite different from our old traditions. My families Christmas normally lasts days...

Day 1- The day before Christmas eve my parents take my sister and I to do a little shopping, we go to a nice dinner, and see a movie. When we get home we're allowed to open one gift! Mainly, a little chance for us to be together before the craziness starts.

Day 2- Christmas Eve we wake up in our home and open presents from each other only. That afternoon we drive to Ocala to stay with my Dad's parents. That night we open presents from my dads side.

Day 3- Christmas morning we open presents from 'Santa' and then go to church. Then we go to my moms side and open their gifts and spend time with them.

What will this year bring? I have inherited a new family, well two, because Nicks parents are divorced. We will have to spend time with my family, hopefully extended family, Nicks dad's side, and his mom's side. How will we find time...to divide the time?

I hope amongst the strain to devote time to all of our families we don't forget all the fun that Christmas can bring. Maybe this year we will develop new traditions, better traditions, 'our' traditions.

All I know right now is how badly I want to hear, "Baby it's cold outside" or, haha, "The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas!" This Florida girl is looking for to a little chilly, NOT COLD, but chilly weather. I want to see others share the Christmas spirit, hopefully some smiling faces, sharing, generosity...

WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU CHRISTMAS? Could it be? You are really 142 days away:(

2 comments:

Flo said...

Okay thank you for making me TOTALLY antsy about Christmas getting here!! haha I look forward to hearing how your two new families' traditions mesh with the traditions of your parents' family. I'm sure you and Nick will have a wonderful holiday season :)

AshleyCD said...

I'm so serious! I am ready for the holidays in the worst kind of way, lol. And thanks! I really hope we're able to see everyone and do everything we'd like to over our first Christmas married:)