Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking it for granted...

The rays that is. Before you know it Summer is over and I just never feel like I took full advantage of my sun and beaches.

Living in the south we are fortunate enough to have a good 9 months of warmth [at least], but it isn't until that first fall chill that I feel like I'm white and pastey and in need of a beach day.

Like with everything, life gets in the way. I'm so exhausted from the work week I want to be lazy on the couch rather than worrying about getting to the beach for a tan.

The major downside is the sun is free. Once November comes around Ill be paying to go to a tanning bed so I don't like washed out. Another downside: cancer prone lady here. Lol.

One day this CG life could have me stationed somewhere that's freezing for most of the year. What then? Will it ever be warm enough to sprawl out on a lawn chair or cozy up on a beach towel?

Sand between my toes, sweat drizzling off my skin, the smell of salty air and sun tan lotion....
I really should plan a day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!! I've been to the beach like twice this whole summer. If you plan a trip let me know!! We should have like one last rendevous to end the summer:)